City of Parramatta Wards
On 12 May 2016, the Minister for Local Government, Paul Toole, announced the newly formed “City of Parramatta Council”. The new council population is 215,725, with 5 wards. The land area is 82 kilometre square.
- Parramatta Ward
- Epping Ward
- Dundas Ward
- North Rocks
- Rosehill Ward
City of Parramatta Council plays a major role in revitalising the local government area, providing more than 40 services to improve the quality of life for its residents and to make Parramatta a great place to live, work, play and invest.
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Parramatta Ward is 50,136, with a population density of 29.33 persons per hectare. The land area is 15 kilometre square, that’s 1,479 hectares.
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for North Rocks Ward is 40,578, with a population density of 19.54 persons per hectare. The land area is 18 kilometre square, that’s 1,829 hectares.
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Dundas Ward is 41,829, with a population density of 29.41 persons per hectare. The land area is 12 kilometre square, that is 1,235 hectares.
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Rosehill Ward is 56,407, with a population density of 16.56 persons per hectare. The land area is 25 kilometre square, that is 2,546 hectares.
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Epping Ward is 41,137, with a population density of 28.05 persons per hectare. The land area is 13 kilometre square, that is 1,298 hectares.
Below are a series of posts about the City of Parramatta Wards
Plaque from City of Parramatta Council Chambers building. Date unknown. Parramatta Heritage Centre collections, 2006.146. Parramatta was one of the first councils in Australia to depict Aboriginal people as a focal point for a crest which originated in 1862. History A...read more
The Cambria, Epping showing ‘The Foundling’ c.1917. Source: Hazlewood Collection, State Library of NSW Travelling down the busy main thoroughfare of Epping today, it’s easy to overlook the building at 46 Beecroft Road. Nestled in a strip of small commercial and food...read more
The Great Northern Brick Company Limited was registered on 1 March 1912 with a capital of £10,000 in £1 shares of which 4,500 were issued fully paid-up to Herbert S Leary and George H S Holliday to enable the acquisition of the land at Eastwood in order to commence...read more
The North Rocks Catholic Cemetery was established through the generosity of orchardist Edward James Maher. Born in the colony in 1830, Maher was the son of Mary Allen and James Maher. He married Brigid Ellen Porter of Turramurra in 1851 and the couple produced a large...read more
The Wallumedegal people inhabited the land in the area now known as Carlingford prior to settlement by Europeans with the first recorded contact being made by an exploration party several months after the arrival of the First Fleet in January 1788. Early European...read more
On Homebush Bay - remains of at least four ships, hulls and barges - Photo by Steve Dorman Indigenous Owners Sydney Olympic Park is part of the traditional lands of the Wann clan, known as the Wann-gal. These lands stretched along the southern shore of the Parramatta...read more
Ride into History: The Charge of Beersheba. It is likely that the above photograph is of a re-enactment some weeks after the event (AWM: P03723_001) The Battle of Beersheba is one of the most notable mounted charges by the Australian Light Horse Regiments. On 31...read more
Eastwood 1924 Eastwood became part of the local government area of City of Parramatta. The Wallumedegal Aboriginal people lived on the land bounded by the Lane Cove and Parramatta rivers. The people were part of the Dharug group and they called their country...read more
Google Map image of Silverwater, New South Wales On 12 May 2016, Silverwater became part of the local government area of City of Parramatta from the former Auburn City Council (now part of Cumberland Council). It had been part of Auburn Council since 1906 after a nine...read more
City of Parramatta Council GIS online – Aerial Photography of North Rocks Road and Statham Avenue 1943 As a result of the 2016 New South Wales amalgamation of council areas, North Rocks is now a part of the City of Parramatta Council. It was previously part of the...read more
Eastwood Falls on Terrys Creek near Albeura Rd Epping 1915 The indigenous history of Eastwood includes the period when the Wallumedegal people lived in the territory bounded by the Lane Cove and Parramatta rivers. Part of the Dharug group, their country was called...read more
1761 Lachlan Macquarie is born on the Isle of Ulva, Inner Hebrides, Scotland. Of six boys, only four survived – Hector, Donald, Lachlan and Charles – and one girl, Elizabeth. 1776 Macquarie joined as a Volunteer in the 84th Regiment, aged 15. 1778 Elizabeth Campbell...read more