The first gaol in Parramatta was built “on the north bank of the river near (more…)
In 1889, five years after the brothers’ amalgamation, a towering new edifice arose, at a cost of 10,000 pounds, on the site of the Murray Bros store, (more…)
J.H. Murray came to Australia in 1856 and ten years later was teaching at the National School in Parramatta.
The Australian Gas Light Company was established by private interests in New South Wales on 7 September 1837 to light the streets of Sydney with coal gas. (more…)
The King’s School has been important in the development of Parramatta and the history of schooling in NSW. (more…)
On 13 May 1787, the First Fleeters sailed from Portsmouth Harbour with 1530 officials and their wives, marines and their wives, the ships’ crews, male and female convicts. Included also were children (more…)
1791 – 60 acres allotted to Surgeon Thomas Arndell on north bank of Parramatta River, east of Rose Hill (Parramatta). (more…)