The Lahore Division of Indian troops was one of the two divisions of Indian troops sent to France with their artillery and other arms. OnĀ 26 September 1914, a little over seven weeks after the declaration of war, the Lahore Division of Indian troops arrived at Marseilles.

The following was the composition of the Lahore Division of Indian troops which left India:

LAHORE DIVISION

Lieut.-General H. B. Watkis, C.B. (Indian Army)

FEROZEPORE BRIGADE:

Brig.-General R. M. Egerton, C.B. (Indian Army)

1st Connaught Rangers

57th Rifles (Frontier Force)

9th Bhopal Infantry

129th Baluchis

JALANDAR BRIGADE:

Major-General P. M. Carnegy, C.B. (Indian Army)

1st Manchesters

15th Sikhs

47th Sikhs

59th Rifles (Frontier Force)

SIRHIND BRIGADE:

Major-General J. M. S. Brunker (late R.A.)

1st Highland Light Infantry

1st BattaUon 1st Gurkhas

1st Battalion 4th Gurkhas

125th Rifles

DIVISIONAL TROOPS:

15th Lancers

Headquarters Divisional Engineers

20th and 21st Companies Sappers and Miners

Signal Company

34th Sikh Pioneers

Headquarters Divisional Artillery

ARTILLERY:

5th, 11th and 18th Brigades R.F.A.

Ammunition Columns

109th Heavy Battery

Neera Sahni, Research Services Leader, Parramatta City Council Heritage Centre, 2014